Search This Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Happy Anniversary My Wife 7 Years And A Top 7 Movies That Remind Me OfYou

Seven years ago on 07/07/07 I married the love of my life, my wife Ange.

I was lucky enough to come across this wonderful woman one day trolling the movie chat rooms. One Goonies reference from each of us and it was love....we had to give each other a big fat lickery kiss.

In our time together she has not only loved me but she encouraged me to remain a dork, enjoy my Lego, made me start this site and gave me three wonderful very spirited boys. I love her as much today as I did then. 

So to ring in our seventh year together I thought what a better tribute to her then create a new favorite movie list. Something that will be a love note forever on the internet. 

So I give you.....Top Seven (get it top seven....seven years....married 07/07/07....I know explaining it looses the impact but this is my writing style) Movies That Remind Me Of My Wife

1) The Goonies: The movie that brought us together. And what a great movie of action and adventure for the family. I want our kids to be as adventurous and to search for buried treasure.

2) Shrek 2: This was our first date movie. Ange had come to the United States for our first visit together and I took her to see this animated classic. And I am a big Ogre and she loves me.

3) Ted: Why because we went to see Ted at a Cry Baby session taking our 6 month old son (who luckily slept through most of it). We were so concerned we were being bad parents until we saw the good 30 to 40 other parents bringing their sleepy babies to hear the foul mouthed teddy.

4) Captain America: Techincally our first movie with our first child....he was still four months away from birth but he was as excited to see the first Avenger as we were and kicking away inside through all the action packed scenes. Was a nice first family outing. 

5) How to Train Your Dragon: This had to be the first movie where I saw my wife get emotional. She always has a little smile when I get choked up in a movie so was a nice change of pace to see her get a little teary eyed.

6) The Matchmaker: This is one of my wife's favorite movies. She used to have just an old VHS copy for so long that we would watch. So one year I was able to find a DVD version and now I do not need to have the VCR hooked up anymore.

7) A Christmas Story: Besides being a big part of my life in general this is the first movie I tried to get my wife to watch that she did not care for. I believe that she just did not watch it under the correct circumstances like for 24 hours on Christmas Eve but it could just be me.

There you go many more memories tied to movies and all having to do with my wonderful wife and our anniversary.

Love ya babydoll every year just gets better with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment