Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Working and Cleaning

So at the moment I have a little time off from work and the wife and I are doing up serious spring cleaning. Storing stuff, reorganising, little build projects, etc.

And while I was cleaning up I had to move our DVD/BluRay collection. I have to do a new inventory but let's say we have a lot (we used the term crap load...which was the name of the old site). And while I was moving them about and thinking of how to reorganise them I decided on a little top ten.

I have seen a new Facebook post going around where people put down their top ten most influential books read (real quick The Hobbit , Island of the Sequined Love Nun , Lord of the Flies , Dune , The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure , The Lord of the Rings...listed separately because The Hobbit introduced me to the genre and the trilogy made me come to love it , Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West  , Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal , A Year at the Movies: One Man's Filmgoing Odyssey , Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone...yeah the Harry Potter books they reminded me as an adult to remember being a child) so I decided I should do a top ten movies.

So here we go my Top Ten Most Influential Movies:
1) Akira : First movie that made me see animation could be beautiful.
2) Clerks : First movie that made me believe there was more then just a blockbuster.
3) Better Off Dead : First movie to make me just belly roll.
4) Ghostbusters : First movie to give me a wonderful one-liner, mother puss bucket.
5) Legends of the Fall : First movie to make me see a happy ending is not always the best ending.
6) Star Wars : First introduced me to fandom.
7) Kelly's Heroes : First movie I liked from before my time.
8) Silverado : First Western movie that made me come to love the genre.
9) Little Shop of Horrors : First time I found a musical enjoyable.
10) The Lord of the Rings Trilogy : First time I saw how truly epic the cinema could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment